Skip to content
- Returns are accepted within 14 days of delivery and are for products in new condition only. The refund is subject to a 10% restocking fee and does not include shipping costs. The customer is responsible for return shipping. Items with manufacturer defects qualify for a full refund in store credit, including shipping costs, up to 14 days after delivery. You must request and receive an RMA number from us before returning your item. You have one week to ship your return package after your return request is approved. If you do not ship out the return package within 1 week of receiving your RMA number, we will not accept your return. We are not liable if your return is lost, destroyed, or damaged. Calamari Clearance items do not qualify for returns.
Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or discontinued products. Metal balisong replacement parts (handles, blade, etc) are not covered under warranty. Any damage caused by misuse or the failure to perform normal maintenance will void your warranty. You must email us for warranty approval before sending in your product for warranty. Lost or stolen trainers are not covered under warranty. Squiddy and Squiddy-G handles and blades are only covered under warranty within 14 days of delivery. Squiddy-C parts are covered under warranty, but only qualify for replacement parts when the parts are fully cracked and have fallen off.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer/owner to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and international laws in regard to the possession and use of all Squid Industries products. Squid Industries assumes no responsibility for any harm or injury resulting from the sale, trade, use, or handling of any Squid Industries products.
- If your product experiences any issues, we may be able to offer advice and or services to help your situation. Please use our contact page for inquiries.
- All of our products require a T10 torx driver for disassembly and arrive thread locked. The thread locker may cause the pivots to freely spin during disassembly, preventing you from removing the screws. To counter this, squeeze the handles tightly together as you turn your torx driver. For a more detailed tutorial on how to fix spinning pivots, read our blog post.
- Extended use may result in loose screws and additional handle play. You can reduce handle play and prevent your screws from falling out by reapplying thread locker (we recommend Loctite 243) to the threads of each screw. Always reapply thread locker every time you disassemble.
- Lubricant is essential to maintaining smooth action. Apply a very small amount of lubricating oil to the top of each washer whenever the handles are not swinging freely or if you hear any squeaking. Disassembly is not required when applying lubricant.
- If your handles are not swinging freely even after lubrication, follow these steps. First, remove the screw on your stiff handle. Next, hold the stiff handle in one hand while holding the other handle and blade together in the other hand. Make sure that your palms are facing down and your thumbs are close to the pivot area. Then, with low to moderate force, push and pull to open up the channel until the handle swings freely. You can find more details on how to fix your stiff handle on our blog post.